Used for measurement of the sensitivity and/or resolution of normal beam transducers. In accordance with ASTM E127.
Pricing shown here is for blocks with the characteristics listed below. Looking for a block that falls outside these parameters? Take a look at our Custom ASTM page, see what we can offer, and what information we'll need to send you a quote!
- Flat-bottom hole diameter: 3/64 to 8/64.
- Metal Travel Distance: 0.0625 to 2.750, 3.000 to 4.000, and 4.250 to 6.000" available.
- Block diameter: 2.0
- Custom hardwood storage cases are available upon request.
Want to know what ASTM Block IDs really mean? We can help! Let's use 7075-5-0300 as an example...
- The '7075' is the material the block is made from. This could be 4340, 304, 6AL4V, and so on.
- The '5' is the flat-bottom hole (FBH) diameter in 64ths. This example block has a 5/64 diameter FBH.
- The '0300' is the metal travel distance. Place an imaginary decimal point after the 2nd number, and that will give you the MTD in inches. This example block has a 3.000 MTD.
- Still have questions, or need some help? Just call our office or drop us an e-mail.
Note: ASTM Blocks in aluminum and steel are not recommended for long-term immersion. If blocks are intended for this purpose, please contact Technical Sales to discuss industrial coating options.