Used for distance amplitude correction, sensitivity levels and flaw depth information.
Contains six 3/64" diameter side-drilled through-holes at distances of 0.25" to 2.75" in 0.25" increments. MTDs are engraved near both scan edges on one face. In accordance with MIL-STD-271G Figure 9, and NAVSHIPS Specification 0900-006-3010/Section 6. Also known as a "Mare Island block." This block is surface ground to a 32 Ra finish on all surfaces, and the steel version is nickel-plated.
- Alloy: PH Tool specializes in custom blocks, and all of our test blocks are available in special and exotic alloys. Please contact us for a quote. We can machine blocks in Titanium alloys, Inconels and other Nickel alloys, Alloy Steels, Stainless Steels, Aluminums, Copper-Nickels, Brasses, Cast Irons, refractory alloys such as Molybdenum and Tungsten, and many more. Let us build your next special alloy test block!
- Dimensions: 12.000" x 3.000" x 1.250"
- We also manufacture a Navy version (3020 block) with rougher scanning surfaces (125 to 250 Ra max), and an extra hole at 0.125" MTD.
- Fitted wooden storage case optional...see above.
Contains six 1.2mm diameter side-drilled through-holes at distances of 6.25mm to 68.75mm in 6.25mm increments. MTDs are engraved near both scan edges on one face. Metric equivalent of U.S. customary block, based on MIL-STD-271G Figure 9 and NAVSHIPS Specification 0900-006-3010/Section 6. This block is surface ground to a 32 Ra finish on all surfaces.
• Dimensions: 30mm x 75mm x 300mm
• Metric version.
• Made from 6AL-4V Titanium
• Fitted wooden storage case optional...see above.