Used for measurement of the sensitivity and/or resolution of normal beam transducers. In accordance with ASTM E127.
Pricing shown here is for blocks with the characteristics listed below. Looking for a block that falls outside these parameters? Take a look at our Custom ASTM page, see what we can offer, and what information we'll need to send you a quote!
- Flat-bottom hole diameter: 3/64 to 8/64.
- Metal Travel Distance: 0.0625 to 2.750.
- Block diameter: 2.0
- Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum, black anodized
- Custom hardwood storage cases are available upon request.
Want to know what ASTM Block IDs really mean? We can help! Let's use 7075-5-0300 as an example...
- The '7075' is the material the block is made from. This could be 4340, 304, 6AL4V, and so on.
- The '5' is the flat-bottom hole (FBH) diameter in 64ths. This example block has a 5/64 diameter FBH.
- The '0300' is the metal travel distance. Place an imaginary decimal point after the 2nd number, and that will give you the MTD in inches. This example block has a 3.000 MTD.
- Still have questions, or need some help? Just call our office or drop us an e-mail.
Note: ASTM Blocks in aluminum and steel are not recommended for long-term immersion. If blocks are intended for this purpose, please contact Technical Sales to discuss industrial coating options.
*ASTM Blocks in aluminum alloys are available with various colors of anodic coating. Colors available include black, blue, green, red, gold, orange, gray and clear. Colors other than the typical black coating come at additional cost. Blocks are anodized in accordance with MIL-A-8625, and receive a sulfuric acid soft coat (Type II) anodize (Class 1 for clear coating, Class 2 when colored dye is used). Contact PH Tool Technical Sales to discuss further coating options.